Thursday, April 13, 2006

Wow...

Two posts in one day - I'm on the internet highway to blogger fame! Incredible.

Here's the problem with posting more than once a month... Or once a year. Contrary to the title of this blog, the life of an engineering student is really not that exciting. Busy, yes, but exciting - probably not to anyone who's not an engineer. For example, I'm writing this right now instead of analyzing a copper tube with an electrical resistance heater inside of it, or finding all of the bearing forces in a four bar linkage rotating at some given rate. The most exciting homework I have waiting for me is the poster I have to make for the World Congress of Biomechanics, but even that takes research and lots of hours.

Is anyone still reading this? Just thought I'd ask - the point is that I desperately want to avoid a blog that has the appearance that I threw up all over the page. Frankly, not many people have deep, inspiring thoughts that are worthy of sharing with the world on a daily basis. I don't care what people had for lunch yesterday, or how boring their class was. Hopefully I can be more creative than that.

I watched The Manchurian Candidate tonight (one more very successful attempt at procrastination). Interesting movie. Obviously quite a bit farfeched, but still enough to make you think about the democratic system that America is blessed with. It relies on people and their integrity, and when that is compromised, the system cannot succeed. This brings up an entirely different point - the fact that there seem to be a lot of politicians these days that are lacking when it comes to integrity.

Ran across this last night - interesting. Certainly haven't seen it in the news, but if you poke around on the internet and follow a lot of her Michelle's links, you find a good number of this man's pictures and they certainly don't ring of truth.

I suppose I've ignored the many "nerdy" tasks that I have waiting for me, so - I'm off to become an engineer, one homework problem at a time.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Hi Jonathan! I don't really have anything to say, but I thought I would at least let you know that I'm reading your blog. I'm glad you have one, I hope you can carve out a little bit of time to keep writing.

So what did you have for lunch yesterday? ;-)

Dy said...

Hey there, found you through Matt's blog. Just wanted to give you a word or two of encouragement: you are still capable of connecting multiple words to form sentences. For an engineering student, that's awesome. The last two years that Zorak (DH) was in school, it was all he could do to articulate anything outside the realm of engineering other than "food" and "sleep" - and those two required translation from time to time.

Hang in there, blog what you can, when you can. Someday you'll look back and be glad you survived! :-)

Dy