Monday, April 10, 2006

About me

I go to school with a lot of smart people. All through highschool I was always told that I was a "nerd" and was "really super smart". Then I came here, and I realized that nobody back home really understood true "nerddom". There are people here on a whole different level. But we all coexist happily in this boring little college town, and spend most of our time doing homework, and study to be engineers. Sure, all the sports players on campus laugh at us, and probably a lot of the girls think we're a little strange, but we like being engineers.

I'm still not sure, however, that I truly qualify as a "nerd". I like working with my hands too much. I spend too much time in the machine shop, and I actually know what I'm doing down there. And I like working on cars, and playing sports, and riding bikes. So maybe I'm not a nerd. Or, the other possibility is that I am a nerd, and all the guys so much smarter than me are "super nerds", or maybe even "geeks". I don't know. I guess my role in "nerddom" will just have to wait to be determined.

Life is good.

2 comments:

sarah marie said...

I'm ecstatic that you have this wonderful blog. Your post is witty and well-written. You're the greatest. Tell Jenn to get a blog, too! Then life will truly be good.

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

Hi Jonathan. Will you post more often than once a year, here? :)